The Bears will visit the Browns Sunday in Cleveland. Here are some nuggets about the matchup and the all-time series between the teams:
(1) In a 2001 game against the Browns at Soldier Field, the Bears erased a 21-7 deficit with two touchdowns in the final :28 of the fourth quarter, and Mike Brown returned a deflected interception for the winning touchdown in overtime for the second straight week.
(2) The Bears are seeking back-to-back victories in Cleveland for the first time in the history of the series, which began in 1951. On their last trip to Cleveland, the Bears recorded a 38-31 win in 2013.
Where to watch, listen to Bears-Browns game Fields approaching first start with same mindset Former Bears Hester, Tillman, Briggs, Kreutz nominated for Hall of Fame
(3) A victory would give the Bears the first four-game winning streak by either team in their series against the Browns. Cleveland leads the series 9-7.
(4) Bears quarterback Justin Fields, who will make his first NFL start Sunday in Cleveland, threw at least two touchdown passes in all 10 college games he played in the state of Ohio. Playing for Ohio State, Fields passed for a total of 28 TDs in those 10 contests.
(5) The Bears won the last meeting between the teams Dec. 24, 2017 at Soldier Field by a 20-3 score, not allowing a touchdown and dropping the Browns to 0-15 en route to only the second 0-16 season in NFL history.
(6) The Bears are seeking their 10th straight win against the AFC North. After sweeping the division in 2013 and again in 2017, they beat the Bengals 20-17 in last Sunday's home opener at Soldier Field.
(7) The best rushing performance by a Bears player in 16 all-time games against the Browns came Oct. 9, 2005 when Thomas Jones gained 137 yards on 24 carries in a 20-10 loss in Cleveland.
(8) The only 300-yard passing game by a Bears quarterback against the Browns came in the 2001 overtime win at Soldier Field when Shane Matthews threw for 357 yards.
(9) Robbie Gould made his NFL debut for the Bears in their 2005 loss in Cleveland, converting 1-of-2 field-goal attempts and 1-of-1 extra points.